Series HS Heavy Service Casters - 8 inch Diameter
Manufacturer: Hamilton Caster
FOB: Midwest warehouse
- Swivel Construction — 5/16" thick drop forged steel mounting plate (rigid plate 1/4" thick); 1/4" x 2" plate steel legs robotically welded inside and outside to forged steel horn base.
- Kingpin — Sturdy 3/4" diameter integrally forged with mounting plate, threaded for lock nut (guaranteed for life!).
- Main Load Bearing — CNC-machined 3-1/4" diameter raceway; 3/8" diameter hardened and polished steel balls.
- Secondary Load Bearing — 3/4" precision tapered thrust bearing counteracts radial thrust.
- Axle — 1/2" diameter hex head with lock nut.
- Lubrication Fittings — Ball-check type in swivel assembly and in wheel hubs with tapered or straight roller bearings.
- Top plate: 4-1/2" x 6-1/2", slotted bolt holes.
Featured Wheel Bearings:
Precision Ball Bearings - double sealed, maintenance free, superior rollability aids manual applications, not recommended if shock loading is prevalent
Precision Tapered Roller Bearings - best for most severe heavy duty and power-towed applications
Straight Roller Bearing - traditional anti-friction bearing, best for manual applications where shock loading (but no side thrust) is prevalent
- Model Info