Spacemaster SX Electric Wire Rope Hoists
The Spacemaster® SX Electric Wire Rope Hoists from R&M Materials Handling represents a revolutionary new generation of exceptionally reliable electric wire rope hoists, featuring advanced technology and cutting-edge performance.
An innovative design that includes a large drum diameter gives Spacemaster® SX hoists the lowest headrooms and best wheel loads in the industry while providing near true vertical lift with single reeved hoists, and both exceptional hook approaches and heights of lift.
- New low maintenance, sealed brakes, a two-speed hoist motor, and trolley inverter control.
- Standard hoist nameplate will carry a CSA c/us rating as well as a NEMA 3R rating for electrical enclosures.
- Two-component epoxy paint is standard.
- Designed to meet and exceed either ASME H3 or ASME H4 duty (FEM 1Am, 2m, or 3m) ratings.
- Provides the ultimate in easy load handling, safe operation and lasting, trouble-free performance.
Standard electric wire rope hoist configurations include normal headroom, low headroom and double girder trolley designs. Hoists in short ton ratings (ASME) or metric ratings (FEM) meet a wide variety of application requirements:
- 1/2 - 80 ton (500 - 80,000 kg) capacities.
- Lifts starting at 13ft (4m) to 320ft (100m) and beyond
- Lifting speed range 10/1.5 to 62/10 fpm (3/0.5 - 19/3 m/min)
- 208, 230, 460, 575/3/60 or 380/3/50 power supply
- Single-reeved or double-reeved.
EASE OF OPERATION
- Large-diameter hoist drum means easy positioning, closer approaches.
- Larger drum diameter provides near true vertical lift with a single reeved hoist — only 1/8" drift per foot of lift.
- Exceptionally smooth movement and fast load positioning.
- Innovative design also means a shorter frame length, allowing closer end approaches.
- Hoist and trolley motors designed for space savings and productivity.
- Standard two-speed hoist motor (6:1 ratio), designed specifically for hoisting applications.
- Hoist motor is class F insulated, 30 minute rated (60% effective duty), thermally protected and totally enclosed.
- Trolley motor's standard inverter control offers two-speed multi-step or infinitely variable speed control for smooth acceleration and deceleration.
- Minimal load swing, fast, efficient handling and accurate load placement.
- Electromechanical load limit switch prevents the lifting of loads that are in excess of 110% of rated capacity.
- 4-position hoist limit switch includes an innovative phase mismatch protection circuit.
- Sealed brakes, hardened ground gears, thermal motor protection, exceptional rope life and ergonomic hook block design with sturdy safety latch.
- Sealed brakes mean long-term value.
- Sealed dust-proof brakes on the trolley.
- Trolley design reduces wear on components.
- Hoist motors require little adjustment for over a million cycles and will last the life of the hoist under normal use.
- Trolley drive is totally enclosed, grease lubricated and is designed to be maintenance-free.
- Trolley wheel bearings are permanently lubricated.
- Automatic disc brake and inverter control help extend the life of the motor and other components.
- Less maintenance, less downtime, lower repair costs – and reduced cost over the lifetime of your hoist equipment.
- Innovative gearbox provides dependable operation and extends equipment life.
- Innovative gear case design reduces stress on drum bearings.
- Hardened and ground internal reduction gears driving an external drum gear located on the inner surface of the rope drum.
- Gearbox's semi-fluid grease lubrication also helps to extend its working life.
- Gear case is designed to run cooler and more efficiently than those equipped with a mechanical load brake.
- Larger hoist drum minimizes rope wear and enhances cooling.
- Drum/rope diameter ratio of approximately 40:1 minimizes rope flex.
- Drum's large diameter also contributes to a reduction in frame size and weight.
- Unique placement of the hoist motor inside the drum provides directed airflow through the drum for optimal motor cooling.