Twin-Trak Side-by-Side Conveyors
Richards-Wilcox Twin-Trak® Side-by-Side Conveyors combine exceptional power and free capabilities with a side-by-side track configuration. No other side-by-side conveyor offers a guaranteed (and consistent) medium-to-high capacity solution in times when limited overhead space is available for continuous product storage and transportation.
Can be built from pre-existing Richards-Wilcox systems, such as Safe-Rail and Zig-Zag.
Once a Safe-Rail® monorail or a Zig-Zag chain conveyor system is in place, standard in-stock Richards-Wilcox parts can be added to create a Twin-Trak power and free system.
Eleven Standard Zig-Zag Components
Twin-Trak® uses the same standard components as Richards-Wilcox chain conveyors.
Eight Standard Safe-Rail Components
Twin-Trak® uses the same standard components as Richards-Wilcox standard monorails.
Control Systems Twin-Trak® is available with a variety of state-of-the-art control components, ranging from simple PLC-based controls to complex PC-based routing and tracking systems.
Twin-Trak® combines a 3/16" plate steel load track with carrier handling up to 1000 lbs. for maximum flexibility.
Twin-Trak® provides switching into and out of main line of travel in greater frequency (at closer load centers) than other power and free designs.
Range from 125 to 1,000 lbs.
- Optimizes low headroom because of its side-by-side configuration.
- Can be installed in facilities having insufficient headroom for other power and free equipment.
- Increases throughput with controlled accumulation.
- Eliminates the typical wait time associated with storage banks.
- Minimizes floor space requirements by storing work-in-process overhead, calling it down in the quantity and order needed at each operation.
- Optimizes production by ensuring that the right parts arrive at the correct operation in a continuous flow, especially when rates of production differ between operations.
- Eliminates product rehandling and manual transporting by integrating finishing and assembly processes into one material handling system.
- Maintains a traveling record of work-in-process, logging information on where the product has been and where defects may have occurred.
- Paint Finishing Systems
- Investment Cast Mold Delivery
- Extrusion Finishing
- Progressive Assembly
- WIP Buffer Storage
- Comber Lap Delivery
- Sliver Can Delivery
- Aerospace Refinishing
- Fiber Delivery
Automotive Manufacturing Applications
Eaton Corporation – Kearney, Nebraska
Richards-Wilcox designed and configured a unique conveyor design for this supplier of engine valves for every automaker and engine manufacturer in the world. The conveyor system featured over 2,000 feet of track and chain in a single line, with an estimated 12,000 feet of track for the entire system of 6 lines.