U-Series Air Bag Dock Levelers
Manufacturer: Blue Giant
Quantity discounts available.
Blue Giant U-Series Airbag Dock Lifts (patent pending) combine Blue Giant's advanced, environmentally friendly air lifting system with the durable structural design that’s made us a global leader in the design, manufacture, and distribution of loading dock systems.
Easy to Operate
The U-Series airbag dock leveler comes standard with a NEMA4X / IP65 rated single push button control for sequenced deck and lip operation. When activated, the air bag inflates, raising the deck. When the button is released, the bag deflates, allowing the deck to lower smoothly onto the trailer bed.
A minimum of six heavy-duty U-beam channels are welded to the underside of the deck at dynamic impact points, preventing ‘dishing’ and extending the life of the dock leveler. For more demanding applications, the standard fixed rear hinge design can be advanced to assured motion float, a 4" (101mm) maintained deck tilt that allows the dock leveler to withstand heavier usage without experiencing deck fatigue.
The Power of Air
The high-volume, low-pressure air lifting system is an environmentally friendly alternative to oil-powered hydraulics. The air bag can operate in extreme temperature conditions and withstand pressure without over-inflating. Its polyvinylchloride-coated polyester fibers make the bag resistant to chemical or puncture damage.
- Blower Motor Activates the leveler by delivering air on demand.
- Heavy-duty Air Bags: Damage-resistant and reliable performance in all temperature conditions.
- Aircraft Cables: Raise the deck by pulling on the roller arm.
- Roller Arm: Raises the deck once activated by the aircraft cables.
- Lip Deployment Mechanism: Enables smooth lip deployment.
- Fixed Rear Hinge: Lets the deck flex up to 4" (101mm) under load. May be upgraded to Assured Motion Float, a 4" (101mm) maintained deck.
- Mechanical Fall-Safe Legs: Limit platform free-fall.
- Safety Skirts: Eliminate pinch points and crush hazards.
Designed with Safety in Mind
The airbag dock leveler operates safely and efficiently under the toughest conditions: temperature extremes, heavy usage, and exposure to caustic substances. The deck flexes under load to allow a smooth cross-docking transition, minimizing the risk of worker injury and cargo or equipment damage. The fall-safe system provides additional protection by limiting platform free-fall.
Available in 30,000, 35,000, 40,000 and 45,000 lbs. (13,636, 15,909, 18,144 and 20,454 kg) Rated Capacities